Founders of ARSNM
The national representatives of the Arab Countries in the regional project ‘ Strengthening Nuclear Medicine Application through Education and Training to Help fighting Non-Communicable Disease’ (ARASIA) which is run by the international Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) have agreed during the ARASIA review meeting held in Vienna, 17-21 November, 2014 to establish the Arab Society of nuclear medicine.
The Founders Are:
- Jordan: Akram Naif Al-Ibraheem, Jordan, king Hussein Cancer Center.
- Lebanon: Mohamad Haidar, Lebanon, American university of Beirut medical center.
- Yemen: Fairoz Mohammed, Yemen, El-Thawrah General Hospital.
- United Arab Emirates: Batool Al Balooshi, United Arab Emirates, Dubai Hospital.
- Iraq: Amjed Albadr, Iraq, Al-AMAL National Hospital for Oncology.
- Oman: Neama Khamis Al Bulushi, Oman, Royal Hospital.
- Qatar: Huda Al Naemi , Qatar, Hamad Medical corp.
- Syria: Adel Bakir, Syria, Atomic Energy Commission of Syria.
- United Arab Emirates: Ragwana Baharoon, United Arab Emirates, Sheikh Khalifa Medical City.
The General Assembly held its first meeting and designated the executive committee to manage and launch the society in the Arab world;
- Akram Naif Al-Ibraheem/ Jordan- President of the Society.
- Mohamed Haider/ Lebanon- Vice president.
- Fairoz Mohammed / Yamen- Secretary.
- Neama Albulushi/ Oman – Scientific Committee.
- Huda Al naemi/ Qatar – Member and president of 6th gulf Nuclear Medicine conference/ official announcement.
- Amajd Albadr/ Iraq- communication and social.
- Dr. Batool Al Balooshi/ United Arab Emirates – Board Member
IAEA, AOFNMB, and ASIAN School of nuclear medicine representative have welcomed this society foundation and potential Cooperation was discussed.
- Henry Hee- Seung Bom : President of Asia & Oceania Federation of Nuclear Medicine and Biology (AOFNMB)
Chonnam National University Hospital
KOREA, PEPUBLIC OF
- Dong-Soo Lee: President –Elect of world federation of nuclear medicine & biology ( WFNMB)
Seoul National University Hospital
KOREA, PEPUBLIC OF
- Pascual, Thomas NB: IAEA technical officer, ARASIA project
Section of Nuclear Medicine and Diagnostic Imaging,
Division of Human health, IAEA
First assembly meeting for foundation Arab Society Of Nuclear Medicine (ARSNM).